Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Happy Holidays


Well I really can't believe that another year has almost come and gone. It has been a great year, with tons of heartfelt memories of Corey, and the boys. Also the September 6th engagement of Corey and myself made the year one to not forget. The holidays flew by and really I just don't know where time has went.

Christmas Eve the four of us went to the 6:00 children's church service with Grandma, Pa Pa, Great Grandma, Great Grandpa and Uncle Dave. We had a very nice service followed by dinner at Grandma and Pa Pa's. After dinner the kids opened their presents first and then went to play with them. Then the adults exchanged some gifts. It was a great night of awesome company, good wine and lots of laughs. I love the tradition of getting together with my family on Christmas Eve, we have done if for years and years and I love it. Christmas Morning we woke up with the boys, and had a great time seeing what Santa brought, then the boys opened presents from Corey and me. After they were done with all of our presents, we hung out for awhile, then we went over to Corey's brother Chris' house to spend time with him and his Family. Bryce (Corey's brothers son) is Braden's age so they play nice together. We had a wonderful breakfast brunch at their house and opened presents from them as well as Corey's mom. We hung out there until mid-afternoon. Then Corey & I went to my grandma and grandpa's house while the boys went to open presents with their mom. At my grandmas we got to enjoy the company of my Aunt Jane, Uncle Dave, Claudia, Brendan, as well as my sister and parents. We all hung out and ate and just chatted. Corey and I are very grateful to have such kind family to spend the holidays with and are very grateful for each and everyone of them.

Now as the year rounds to an end, it is crazy to think that our wedding is in a little less then 3 months from now. The day after Christmas was exactly 3 months. I think the next 3 months are going to fly by, this next month all of my bridesmaids are going to get together to do their dress fitting. I am beyond excited to see their dresses on them in my colors. One of my bridesmaids Amanda Perry will be in town for that and my bridal shower thrown by Amanda Fernandez and my mom. I am very excited to get to see Amanda Perry since she lives in NC we don't see each other as much as I would like so it will be a treat to see her in a few weeks. With all of that just a few short weeks from now I have a lot to look forward to.
I hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year. Corey and I are going to go to a dinner the two of us on New Year's eve followed by a get together at our friend Chris & Steph's place. I hope everyone enjoys their last few days of 2009 and I am beyond excited to welcome 2010 with big wide open arms. 2010 is going to be my year, with the wedding and March and lots of other exciting things happening. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

No comments: