Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Things to be THANKFUL FOR

Well Thanksgiving has come and gone, and man November flew by. This year as Thanksgiving approached, I spent a little time reflecting on things in my life I can be thankful for. As I started counting them, I learned real fast that I truly blessed for all the things in my life. Here are ten of the things I am very thankful for:

1. I am thankful to have a loving fiance, who tries hard to make me laugh even when I am trying to be mad, and really want to do anything but laugh. He understands me and knows what my faces mean even if I try to hide my feelings. He truly has been the best thing to happen to me.

2. I am thankful that Corey is such an amazing Dad and has brought two adorable, fun and loving little boys into my life.

3. I am thankful to have completely wonderful parents, who love and support me through thick and thin and every change in my life whether its a job or falling in love with a man with two kids, has been completely behind me and opens their arms and embraces all things.

4. I am thankful to have met Jenn (my boss) in a class, and by chance have her be looking for an employee out more by my house. She has given me an amazing opportunity to on a daily basis feel like I am making a difference in these children with Autism's lives and their families.

5. I am thankful to have learned that you don't need 100 of acquaintances, but it is much more valuable to have a few friends you can count on one hand that will be there when your Grandfather gets hospitalized, you are having a bad day or you just want to giggle at something funny that happen to you. I am beyond blessed to have had some very close friends since Middle School and High School and am so lucky to have them to share my upcoming wedding with me and all the planning I have been going through.

6. I am thankful to have an amazing family who I am unbelievably close with from my Godfather in NY, to Aunts & Uncles & Cousins in PA and MD, to all my Aunts & Uncles Locally, to my brother his family, and my sister, I couldn't ask for a better family and am lucky to have them.

7. I am thankful to be at a spot in my life where I can look back and say man it was fun going out and partying nightly when I was younger, but at the same time *sigh* to myself and know I wouldn't trade movie nights, cuddles, wine and staying in with Corey for anything.

8. I am thankful to be starting a new chapter in my life and marrying someone who I can see myself growing old with in March.

9. I am thankful to have a warm place to live, plenty of food to eat, and love all around me. Even if bills stink at times, and there are weeks that money is tight I wouldn't trade it for the world. I know we are very fortunate and there are people who would die to take our places.

10. I am thankful to have two crazy dogs, who although at times they drive me nuts, I wouldn't trade them for the world. They are so loving and great with our family.

So those are some of the things I am thankful for, Thanksgiving this year we held at Corey and My house. We had my parents over, my sister and her boyfriend, and Corey's brother Chris, his wife Jane and their little boy Bryce. It was a great thanksgiving. Corey made a delicious turkey, sweet potato's, we also had appetizers, stuffing and then my mom brought bread/muffins, green bean casserole, corn casserole, Jane brought mashed potato's and my sister brought 2 pie's. Everything turned out very well and there were no huge problems. We all drank wine, and hung out from 1 to about 6. It was great to have part of Corey's family with my family and everyone really seemed to enjoy themselves. Below is a little movie clip with a few pictures, unfortunately in my attempt to be a good hostess we somehow didn't get any pictures of my mom or Corey's sister-in-law Jane, although I promise you they were at our house. :o)


On that note I can't believe it is December 1st, Corey and I haven't even started shopping for the boys. Other then the boys we are going to keep Christmas very low key, with the wedding in March we have lots still to save for. We have wedding bands to buy, honeymoon to save for, rehearsal dinner, along with a few other odds and ends related to the wedding. I will just be glad to spend time with the family during the holidays. :o) Hope everyone is getting in the holiday spirit, I know we are going to try and put our tree up this week. Happy Holidays to everyone and enjoy every moment like its the last.


No comments: